How are shipping surfboards handled?
- Surfboards are excluded from Free Freight. Standard surfboard rates are $125 to most California addresses. Additional fees will apply per shipment to location outside of CA based on your zone. We may request an additional $60 for delivery to your residence outside of CA. We do not currently ship boards over 8'0" to Arizona, Colorado, Nevada or Texas due to carrier limitations. If you have questions or wish to reach out regarding quote, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with our preferred freight handlers to find the best price to have your board safely delivered and contact you with any additional fees if necessary.
Who am I buying from?
- Your purchase is with South Coast but your order may be fulfilled in part from South Coast directly and or from Exchange Collective which allows us to offer you an expanded inventory.
Do you ship internationally?
- We only offer domestic shipping within the US, and do not offer international shipping at this time.
Who is Exchange Collective?
- Exchange Collective is our partner company that helps provide our site with more buying options. We work hand in hand with them to insure you the best selection and customer service.
Who Ships my order?
- Orders placed on our website are sometimes shipped directly from the brands but may also be shipped or picked up directly from one of our 5 locations depending on availability. Your order confirmation email will notify you of where your product(s) is coming from.
When will my order ship?
- We along with our brands normally ship within 2 business days of receipt of the order. Our shipping hours are 10am-4:30pm PST and orders placed after 4:30pm will be processed on the next business day. We encourage our brands to ship as quickly as possible so your order may be shipped the same day. You will receive an email with tracking info once your item(s) have shipped.
Can I get faster shipping?
- Right now all orders placed on our site are shipped via ground. For orders under $75 there will be a flat fee starting at $5. Any order over $75 will receive free shipping. Surfboards are excluded from Free Freight. Standard surfboard rates start at $125. Additional fees will apply for mid length and longboards depending on weight and destination.
- Because some orders are being shipped directly from the Brand(s) we want to make sure no mistakes happen. Ground is the safest way to make sure you get what you order. As soon as faster options become available we will let you know.
- If you are in a rush, just give us a call at 619-223-4431 and we will do our best to get it to you as quickly as possible.
What if the item I ordered is not what I received?
- Unfortunately, mistakes do happen and we will do whatever we can to make it right.
- Email email@example.com with your order number so we can make things right as soon as possible.
What if I received an Out of Stock email?
- This means that one of the brands you ordered from did not actually have it in stock. You will not be charged for any items that don’t ship to you.
- Exchange Collective and South Coast monitor our inventory on a regular basis to keep our online inventory up to date. In the rare case we run out of an item, you will automatically receive a refund.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and reason for return.
- Ship your unused product in its original packaging to:
Atten: SC Web Returns
1930 Bacon St
San Diego, CA 92107
- Original delivery fees are refunded only if returns are for: defective products, products not described accurately or incorrect orders.
- We recommend using a track-able shipping method when returning your items.
- Individual products may be excluded from this guarantee. Check the product description before you place your order.
- The refund will be for the full purchase price of the returned items unless otherwise noted. You will be notified by email upon receipt and processing of the returned product.
- Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded unless the return is due to a defective product, inaccurate product description or an incorrect order. Please email us at email@example.com to initiate your return. Upon confirmation of any of these reasons you will be compensated for any return shipping costs.
- A refund for the returned items will be applied to the original payment method used. Refunds will be applied within 5 to 10 business days from the date the return was received.
- If there are any applicable re-stocking fees they will be displayed on the final checkout screen when you complete your order and will also appear on the packing list.
- If you receive defective merchandise, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If an order arrives to you with obvious shipping damage please refuse the delivery. If you have accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please email email@example.com immediately.
Please save all packaging material and paperwork if damage in shipping has occurred to receive credit for the return.
- We are not responsible for user-initiated damage and/or loss of parts incurred during the operation or use of the product(s) you purchased.
- We pride ourselves on our customer service and we are happy to assist in the return process. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you in advance for your business.
How do I do a return?
You can request a return here or email us at CS@southcoast.com
Our hassle-free 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee is designed to give you peace of mind. All surfboards new or used, wetsuits, wetsuit accessories and skateboards that have been used in the water or ridden are excluded.
Changed your mind? Not 100% satisfied with your purchase? Return the unused product(s) within 30 days and we will happily refund the purchase price.
Limits of Responsibility
South Coast and the Exchange Collective Team